December 27, 2014 by salafidawahuk
When it comes to advise, spubs only act upon it if it suit them.
(taken from the salafitalk site)
All Praise is for Allah Lord of the Worlds, and may honour and peace be upon the Noblest of the Prophets and Messengers, our Prophet Muhammad, and upon all his Family and Companions.
The respected brothers at Salafi Publications in the city of Birmingham, Britain, visited me and we discussed a number of matters concerning the Salafi Da’wah in general, and its affairs in the West in particular. What I discussed with them in this regard was also discussed, or some of it was discussed, with them by other sheikhs. Based on this advice and discussion with the brothers, namely:
Brother Abu Khadeejah Abd Al-Wahid
Brother Hasan Al-Somali
Brother Bilal Abu Hakeem
I say, (based on the advice given) the following matters were agreed upon:
1. Fighting extremism (Al-Ghuluw) in all its forms, whether in the form of extremism for personalities or others like da’wah institutions, and that matters must be weighed according to the Islamic legal scales.
2. Concerning teaching and lecturing, we say:
It is not permitted for anyone to put themselves forward to teach and deliver lectures until they become qualified in their knowledge and until the required legitimate authorization is issued to them, either from Islamic universities or known sheikhs under whom they have studied and become qualified in Islamic sciences.
3. Concerning edicts and rulings (fatwa):
The brothers are not permitted to issue rulings to people because they are not from the qualified people of fatwa. It is upon them to refer the fatwa to the scholars amongst the sheikhs so that they can give them verdicts and then the brothers can circulate these fatawa or send them to the people concerned if the fatwa is private.
4. Concerning the translation of lessons, books or lectures:
It is upon them to maintain precision, honesty and responsibility in this regard.
5. The brothers are not considered teachers who (themselves) are fulfilling the duty of education when they read the books of the scholars in which the latter have explained some (religious) texts; rather they are only conveying and translating the words of the scholars in explanation of these books.
6. Concerning what brother Bilal Abu Hakeem wrote on the topic of Al-Jarh wa Al-Ta’deel and which was circulated on the Salafi Talk website:
It has been made clear to him that what he wrote was a clear error and in contradiction to what the hadith scholars, who are the real ‘People of Al-Jarh wa Al-Ta’deel’, are upon; not as the claimants and foreigners to this noble science say. When this became clear to him he admitted his error in this regard – Allah reward him well – and this is the duty of all of us when our mistakes become clear to us. Thereafter he was made to understand that he must clarify his mistake and circulate his retraction.
7. Concerning being gentle with people when giving da’wah and teaching:
It is upon the brothers to adhere to this way because ‘gentleness is not placed in anything except that it beautifies it and gentleness is not removed from anything except that it spoils it’ as the Messenger – sall Allahu ‘alaihi wa sallam – said in the authentic narration.
8. Concerning the issue of boycotting and abandoning others (Al-Hajr):
It is incumbent to refer to the scholars on this issue and to present any issues of this nature to them; they then will give the ruling as regards who deserves to be boycotted and who does not.
9. Concerning cooperation with their Salafi brothers:
We instruct (the brothers at Salafi Publications) to cooperate with them. I have told them to do this on numerous occasions in a number of our meetings; it is upon the brothers to follow their words with actions ‘for indeed a person’s actions confirm his words or refute them.’
10. In closing, we advise them with Allah’s instruction to us all, as it was His instruction to those who came before us, that being: the instruction to fear Allah jalla wa ‘azz, and to be conscious of Him privately and publicly, outwardly and inwardly. We say to them, “Know that Allah comes between a man and his heart”, and no subtlety is hidden from Him, glorified be He.
One of the clearest signs of this consciousness of Allah and fearing him is that their call to the people should be sincerely and purely for Allah jalla wa ‘allaa, its goal being to guide people to the truth – not to themselves. So their goal should not be to dominate others or to gain leadership over them, as was stated by Shaykh Al-Islam Muhaamd b. Abd Al-Wahhab – Allah have mercy on him – in commentary of the statement of Allah Most High, “I call to Allah upon knowledge and insight.” Shaykh Al-Islam Ibn Abd Al-Wahhab said, “This verse points out that a person should maintain ikhlas (sincerity and purity of intention), for although many people involve themselves in da’wah, they only do so calling to themselves,” or words to that effect.
May Allah honour and send peace and blessings upon His most devout worshipper and Messenger, our Prophet Muhammad, and upon his Family and Companions and all those who follow them be_ihsan , wa al hamdulillah Rabi al a’alameen.
Muhammad b. Hadi Al-Madkhali
29 / 2 / 1426
Abu Khadeejah Abd Al-Wahid
Abu Talhah Dawood Burbank
Abu Hakeem Bilal Davis
(Salafi Publications stamp)
May Allah reward our Shaikh Mohamed Bin Hadi al Madkali
and our brothers in SP, see Attachment a copy of this baiyan in arabic with the Signatories.
This baiyan was written on last Friday 9th April 2005.
wa assalamu alaikum wa rahmatu Allah
( abu zeiad al athary )
Live Salafi Duroos